Thursday, September 3, 2009

Prosciutto Wrapped Salmon

A great way to cook with two of my favourite ingredients, prosciutto and salmon. While on Granville Island last weekend Dussa's Ham and Cheese had an Italian Cheese and Meat festival, and they had samples of 12 month aged Prosciutto. It was so good I had to buy some. While snacking on it, and trying to think of what to do with the salmon I had in the freezer I remembered seeing a recipe somewhere with salmon wrapped in prosciutto. And that sounded absolutely delicious.

Prosciutto Wrapped Salmon
- Salmon fillet , cut into 2 pieces
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3-4 green onions, finely chopped
- pepper
- 2-4 slices prosciutto

I used 4 slices of prosicutto because it was so finely sliced, just the way I like it!


In a small bowl mix mustard, green onions and pepper. Spread over both sides of the salmon. Lay salmon skin side down onto 1-2 pieces of prosciutto. Fold prosciutto up over top. Bake on parchment lined bakign sheet in 400F oven for 10-15 minutes, until salmon flakes easily.

1 comment:

rich said...

woah this look good