Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mmm.... There isn't much in life that is quite as comforting as a homemade chocolate chip cookie. I know a lot of people have their different favorite recipes, but me, I'm pretty much happy with anything. And I also know there is a great debate over nuts and raisins in chocolate chip cookies. My thoughts on that, depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I love adding raisins to give the cookies an extra chewiness (and also, there's something that makes me feel like they're healthier with raisins!).

That being said, I don't know when the last time I bought a box of cookies was (other than Girl Guide cookies). It's so difficult to enjoy one of those hard crumbly store boxed cookies, after having homemade ones. And cookies are so easy to make, they rarely take more than 2 bowls, and you can clean up while they're in the oven!

Reebs' Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional, but I use it because I use unsalted butter)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- raisins or nuts if you're feeling saucy


In large bowl with electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together until light and fluffy. In smaller bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt (if using). Add to wet mixture, beating until well mixed.


Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Spoon dough onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8-12 minutes. The baking time will depend on your oven. Tonight I had been roasting a chicken, so my oven was already well heated, so the cookies didn't need as long as usual.

Don't forget the glass of milk!!!

No comments: