Wednesday, November 5, 2014

After Halloween Cookies

It's no secret to my friends and family that I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to sweets and treats. If it's around, I will eat it, and will continue past the point of feeling ill. This year pre-Halloween Brent had to hide the candy twice, and then he gave up and left it out. I'm pretty sure I downed half of it before Halloween. Then, we only got 1 trick or treater. That's right, a single trick or treater, for whom we had purchased a 144 pack of mini chocolate bars. So of course I continued to eat them, and continued until I just couldn't stand it. So I made cookies. I figure it's a bit better than just right out eating the candy, plus I'll bring some to my study group tomorrow night - if I don't eat them all before then. I ended up using about a cup of Smarties (cause really, who eats the Smarties?), and a cup of chopped mini Aero bars.



After Halloween Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups chopped leftover Halloween candy

In large bowl beat together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. In smaller bowl mix together flour and baking soda. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix until smooth. Stir in candy by hand.

Drop by even spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets (I used an ice cream scoop for this). Bake in 375F oven for 10 - 12 minutes, checking at 10 minutes. Let cool on racks.


No comments: