Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Chicken with Prosciutto

When I was home for the holidays I noticed my parents had a lovely selection of homemade meats from their Italian friends. The Soo (my hometown) is well known for it's Italian food, and my folks get together with friends every year and make sausage, and one of their friends makes a bunch dried sausage, salami's and prosciutto. Before I left my dad told me to grab what I wanted, as they would be getting together again soon. So I grabbed some of each, and decided to use the prosciutto for dinner tonight. The prosciutto was so tasty, I had to stop myself from eating too much of it while cooking. This recipe is super simple. I've done a similar dish with salmon, but I think I prefer the chicken. To go along with this I just sauteed some red onion, garlic, cauliflower, asparagus and spinach together.



Roasted Chicken Breasts with Prosciutto
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 thin slices Prosciutto (approximate)
- 2-4 tbsp dijon mustard
- dash hot sauce
- 2 tsp dried sage (approximate)
- pepper
- vegetable oil

Mix mustard and hot sauce together. Brush all over chicken. Sprinkle with sage and pepper. Wrap each chicken breast in prosciutto, trying to cover all the chicken. Place on tinfoil lined baking sheet.

Bake in 375 F oven until prosciutto is crispy and chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.

No comments: