Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Procrastination Cookies

So I've been baking a lot more, and I think it's because it's a new way to procrastinate, most specifically from Economics and Finance homework. Tonight I decided to make oatmeal cookies and I kind of spliced two recipes together (one had raisins, the other had chocolate chips). They were a little spicy, that's because in my tired state I mixed up the measurements for the vanilla and cinnamon. I was looking at the tablespoon of cinnamon and thinking 'wow, that's a lot of cinnamon', and as I dumped it in I re-checked the recipe. Woops. They still turned out great!




Procrastination Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup packed brown (or yellow) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 raisins

In large bowl or stand mixer beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and cinnamon.

In separate bowl mix together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and raisins until well blended.

Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake in 375 F oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool on pans on racks for 2 minutes, transfer to racks and cool completely.

No comments: