Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Banana Spice Cupcakes

I decided to see how the cupcakes would be with banana instead of apples. For the recipe I used the same one here, except I substituted one cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium bananas) for the one cup shredded apple.

Brent says that these cupcakes are just like muffins, however, he also says muffins are just cupcakes without icing. Because I usually put chocolate chips in my banana muffins, I decided to make a chocolate cream cheese icing.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa

In stand mixer or bowl, beat butter and cream cheese together, add vanilla and icing sugar and cocoa. Beat until well blended and smooth.

These turned out pretty good, I think I'll be bringing some of them to study group tonight because I cannot be eating cupcakes every day!

No comments: