Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bowties with Artichokes and Parmesan

I was recently in Toronto visiting family for Thanksgiving, brr was it ever cold! While there we went to a couple of different restaurants. I didn't take any pictures, but Sidecar on College was great, I would recommend to anyone in Toronto. Whenever I visit new restaurants I like to try and remember what the menu items were that I wanted to try, and then use that as inspiration for a dinner at home. I ended up ordering the Mushroom Risotto (which was awesome), but there was a pasta dish with artichokes that looked very simple, but would have nice flavours. So for dinner tonight I decided to try a new dish with marinated artichoke hearts that I had in my pantry.


Bowties with Artichokes and Parmesan
- bowtie pasta, about 2 cups uncooked
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- juice of half a lemon

Cook pasta according to directions, reserving one cup of the pasta water. Drain and return to pot. Toss artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese with pasta. Squeeze lemon over top.

This would be great with pancetta or prosciutto as well.

No comments: