Sunday, November 16, 2014

Quick Weekday Lunch - Noodle Jars

So I was feeling pretty beat tonight - two accounting exams in one day, and just not in the mood for prepping lunches for tomorrow. However, I know once I'm at work I'll be wishing I had packed something. So I sent Brent off to the grocery store to grab a few things, and put together these really quick, great noodle jars. This is a recipe of Michael Smith's, from his new cookbook Family Meals. So far I've loved all the recipes from this book and would definitely recommend it. All you need to do is put these jars together, bring to work / school, and when it's time to eat, add 2 cups boiling water, screw the lids back on tightly and gently mix. Let stand for about 10 minutes for the flavours to really mix, and enjoy!



Noodle Jars (for each jar)
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- zested rind and juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp of your favourite hot sauce
- 1 carrot, shredded
- handful of fresh bean sprouts
- handful chopped mint, cilantro and basil
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 package instant noodles

Place ketchup, peanut butter, fish sauce, ginger, tamari, lime and hot sauce in large mason jar. Whisk together. Top with carrot, bean sprouts, herbs and green onion. Before opening instant noodles, squeeze package to break apart. Discard weird flavour packet and top jar with noodles. Screw on lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.


1 comment:

Frankly Beka said...

What size jar did you use? They look bigger than pint jars to me, but I could be off.