Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mock Skor Bars Success

My sister Beth came to visit right before I was due, and helped fill my freezer in preparation of taking care of a newborn. One of my favourite things were these mock Skor bars, unfortunately I liked them so much I ate them all before the baby was born! Skor bars have always been one of my favourite chocolate bars, so I recently decided to try my hand at the recipe. It was a complete failure!

First failed attempt


I mean, I still ate the entire tray, but I needed to try again. This time it was a success, and is such an easy recipe I needed to share!

Mock Skor Bars
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I think I ended up using 1.5 cups)
- 1 sleeve saltines

Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange crackers in single layer on baking sheet.

In heavy bottomed saucepan melt butter. Add sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil, and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour evenly over crackers. Bake in oven for 5 minutes.

Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over topping. Pop back in oven until chocolate has just melted (about 2 minutes). Spread with spatula evenly around top. Place in freezer/refrigerator until set. Cut or break into pieces. Keep in ziploc bag in freezer, and try not to eat too many at once!

Second attempt = success!



No comments: