Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Chocolate Toffee Shortbread Cups

I've only recently started enjoying shortbread, and realizing how versatile it can be. Now that the holiday season is coming quickly upon us I figured what better time to start trying some different recipes. This one comes from Canadian Living's December issue. There are five basic cookie dough recipes (sugar, shortbread, biscotti, chocolate and ginger) and four different variations to try with each dough. Seeing that I absolutely love anything with toffee and chocolate I decided to try out this recipe, and as usual, it did not disappoint. I'm sure my Econ study group will enjoy them too!



Chocolate Toffee Shortbread Cups
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.

In stand mixer using paddle attachment (or in bowl with wooden spoon), beat together butter, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in flour until just combined.

Roll by 2 tsp into 48 balls; gently press into bottoms and up sides of mini-muffin cups. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.

Stir chocolate chips and toffee bits together. Spoon rounded 1 tsp into each shortbread cup. Bake in 325F oven until edges are light golden, about 20 minutes.


Let cool in pans on rack. Run tip of knife around edge of each cup to release. Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and store for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks. I'm not sure these will last 5 days!

1 comment:

Jean S said...

I am SO trying these!

love your blog Rebecca :)