Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Butter Tart Slice

I'll admit that I've never made butter tarts before, however I have made these many times before. This time they didn't turn out as well as in the past, and I think it may have been the sugar I used. The recipe calls for brown sugar, and I used yellow. The sugar itself is a little finer, and I think using regular brown sugar would have been better. Reviews from classmates and Brent say they are great, so I decided to post the recipe.




Crust
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt

Cut butter into dry ingredients with a pastry blender or two forks until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 9 x 13" pan.

Butter Tart Filling
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Melt butter; add eggs and remaining ingredients. Mix and pour over crust. Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes (check at 30). Cut when cool.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I was in a baking mood yesterday, so I decided to try these out. So simple and soooo delicious. Brought a bunch of these to work and they've been a huge hit. They might make it into my Christmas baking.